About Me

My photo
Hello, my name is Melissa Metzger. I am 20 years old and an aspiring teacher. I am currently studying Elementary Education at The University of Central Florida. This blog will follow my growth and learning in my courses.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Chapter 6 Reflection

  1. When creating lesson plans, making sure the standards are correctly being taught in the lesson has stopped me. Sometimes I will think an idea of a lesson is good but it does not match with the grade level standards so I will have to re think the lesson.
  2. Teaching JA lessons and assisting the teacher while she teaches is helping me grow. After actually teaching lessons, I feel like I have a better understanding of what is important in lesson planning and how beneficial it is to know what you're doing before you actually go to teach the lesson.
  3. I am a very organized person who enjoys planning. Lesson planning while time consuming, is very comforting to me. Going in with a plan and knowing what I'm going to teach is very reassuring to me. I feel very comfortable while creating lesson plans because it makes me feel more prepared when teaching.  

No comments:

Post a Comment