Page 43 Question Answers
1. Some of my favorite elements of my tangible culture include the style of clothes that I wear and that I love making pasta. Some aspects of my intangible culture include that I am on only child, I am a Christian, and I am from Jacksonville Florida.
2. I feel that I am very open to students with different values and beliefs. I think it is important to keep an open mind and be interested and involved about what goes on in a students life.
3.I feel very strongly about the relationship between me and my students. I would hope that my students feel comfortable talking to me and coming to me with questions and concerns.
4. Patience, understanding, and respect are all things to keep in mind when working with students with different traditions and customs.
5. The main stereotype and concern I have, that I would like to overcome, is that students who do not speak English will not be able to learn or understand what I am teaching.
6. The sources of my perceptions come from the fact that I don't have much knowledge on how to work with these students and I have not had the chance to observe other teachers work with English Language Learners.
7. These perceptions that I have might interfere with my confidence in my ability to teach my students well.
8. I have little knowledge about cultures and histories of different groups. It is important to know about students physical and learning needs so that you can help them learn and grow in the ways that are best for them
9. I think a great way to learn about the different cultural groups represented in the classroom would be to have the students share with the class about themselves and where they come from. They will have personal experiences to share that could not only benefit me but the other students in the class.

No comments:
Post a Comment